The telephone was invented long before the Internet and is still preferred by some people. It does not mean they are archaic, but that they prefer to hear someone’s instructions instead of reading them. This is what motivates phone support agents: real human contact. Using a variety of phone software, phone support agents provide friendly and efficient support to customers. They identify issues by gathering information from customers and escalate new ones to the developers.
What they do:
- Answer clients’ questions and inquiries (Inbound/Outbound calls)
- Report issues to the developers
What is needed to become a Phone support agent?
- Excellent interpersonal skills (enthusiastic and polite)
- Excellent linguistics skills
- Good knowledge of the local culture and expressions
- Be able to maintain a pleasant and businesslike tone in every situation
- Be patient, attentive and positive