Online communities are very dynamic and can, at times, become confusing. This is what community managers are for: they gather and direct all this energy and enthusiasm to animate a game and its community. They rally gamers together and ensure their interactions are interesting and respectful. Most of their job is done live on different networks. They work with the developers to be aware of upcoming modifications to the game. They are the link between the brand and the community.
What they do:
- Moderate forums (protect communities against all nuisances and prejudicial attitudes while keeping them united and motivated).
- Interact with communities on different channels and networks
- Recruit and manage volunteers within the community
- Create and manage events
- Create bonds between the service and its users
What is needed to become a Community Manager?
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent linguistics skills
- Good gaming experience
- Good knowledge of the local culture and expressions
- Knowledge of how to manage and minimize conflicts